World War 1 Ace

April 28, 2015 | | 8 Comments

My first primary source is from the perspective of a world War one pilot fighting for Germany named Oswald Bolcke.  He describes in journal like context his experiences fighting with the British pilots from his conscription on August 1st, 1914 to his last letter/journal entry on October 26. 1616, two days before he is killed in action.

What this primary source tells us is that being a WW1 fighting ace was very stressful, as Bolcke talks about how some of this comrades never returned from their missions.  This source also tells us that it was customary to communicate with family through letters.  One of the things I found interesting was not only that the book was published very soon after the war (1919) but also that the publisher was an American book company, who had just fought in opposition to Germany.  Technology also plays a huge part in this book, as the airplane had just been invented less than 20 years earlier.  Bolcke is considered one of the founding fathers of aerial combat and paved the way for many of his students with his aerial tactics, which were still applicable for the Second World War.

8 Comments so far

1.    ctrout on May 1, 2015 8:35 am
  2.    ala discount codes on August 26, 2015 5:16 pm

ala discount codes

World War 1 Ace : Western Civilization II Guides

3.    İndirim Kodları on June 19, 2020 6:50 am

He dreamed of eating green apples with worms.

4.    Ücretsiz İndirim Kodu on June 19, 2020 7:05 am

Rock music approaches at high velocity.

5.    Kupon Kodu on June 19, 2020 8:00 am

Sometimes you have to just give up and win by cheating.

6.    Kupon Kodları on June 19, 2020 10:39 am

There aren’t enough towels in the world to stop the sewage flowing from his mouth.

7.    Hairstyles on June 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Does your website have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an email. I’ve got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

8.    Lawrence Hatake on June 22, 2020 3:35 am

Appreciating the hard work you put into your blog and in depth information you present. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind