The French Revolution was the focal point for political up-rise. The French suffered under an Absolute Monarchy and most people were denied their basic rights. Around 98 percent of the French Population were denied rights, limited land ownership and taxed heavily. These individuals known as the 3rd estate were in a bad position and resented the clergy and aristocracy for their privileges. The 3rd Estate refused to leave and demanded equality.

In 1789, King Louis XVI called for The Estates General. This was the first meeting between the general assembly representing the French estates of the realm:the clergy (1st Estate), the nobles (2nd Estate), and the common people (3rd Estate). This meeting was the beginning of the French Revolution as the Third Estate were denied equal opportunity in The Estates General. The Third Estate in result started to meet separately as The National Assembly. Slowly picking members of the nobles and clergymen, the Assembly gained power and drove to better their position. Soon enough the King was forced to yield and the Estates-General ceased to exist having become the strong National Constituent Assembly. This was basically the same Estates-General from the beginning but now merged together with the same goal, a democracy. Thus, the Estate-General meeting was an invitation to Revolution.

FrRevPoster

The Revolution played a huge part in showing the world how much power lies within the people. The Rise of republics and democracies flourished all across the globe. This movement drove the development of most modern political ideologies, leading to the spread of liberalism, radicalism, nationalism, socialism, feminism, and secularism, among many others.

* The French Revolution was strongly influenced by the concepts of popular sovereignty and inalienable rights.

4 Comments so far

1.    İndirim Kodu on June 19, 2020 7:10 am

The crowd yells and screams for more memes.

2.    Hairstyles on June 20, 2020 5:53 am

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I抣l be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

3.    Free Stuff on June 20, 2020 6:26 am

Hey there! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

4.    Hairstyles on June 20, 2020 8:05 am

One other thing I would like to express is that as an alternative to trying to fit all your online degree courses on days that you finish off work (since the majority of people are fatigued when they get home), try to obtain most of your sessions on the week-ends and only one or two courses in weekdays, even if it means taking some time away from your saturday and sunday. This is really good because on the week-ends, you will be a lot more rested as well as concentrated on school work. Thanks for the different points I have acquired from your blog site.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind