World War II is said to be the deadliest war in human history. Most everyone knows about World War II and what happened during this war. But the Japanese Invasion of China is not as well known as some of the other events that took place during World War II. In the summer of 1937 […]

During the Ancient Regime, there were three main parties in French society. The first two estates were composed of the clergy with connections to the Pope and the nobility, each making up about 10 percent of the overall French population. The remaining 90 percent of the French population was considered Third Estates. With the three […]

Benjamin Franklin

October 7, 2015 | 4 Comments

Benjamin Franklin was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1706. Although he    had little formal education, it did not stop him from reaching success, which he  achieves by creating a printing business in Philadelphia. This printing business produced books, pamphlets, and even currency. The colonial newspaper Franklin published and owned was called the Pennsylvania Gazette. […]

The French Revolution was the focal point for political up-rise. The French suffered under an Absolute Monarchy and most people were denied their basic rights. Around 98 percent of the French Population were denied rights, limited land ownership and taxed heavily. These individuals known as the 3rd estate were in a bad position and resented […]

The Great depression had a worldwide impact.  It is said to have started in 1929 with the Stock market Crash here in the United States (Frankforter & Spellmen, 2013, pp. 684).  The first chart in the link below shows some of the countries that were impacted by the Great Depression, and the dates of impact and recovery.  The […]

This video goes through the events that brought the United States into the war, focusing on Hitler’s advancement in Europe and the Japanese attacks on Pearl Harbor. As the war was going on around the United States, the Axis Powers tried to bring the United States into the battle. On December 7, 1941, Japan succeeded […]

On December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese fleet. Originally, President Roosevelt did not want to be involved with the war and wanted to keep America out of harms way. However, after tracing back to that time, evidence appeared stating that President Roosevelt had been warned about the attack by the Japanese […]

Pearl Harbor video

April 30, 2015 | 5 Comments

The United States was attacked by Japanese aircraft’s on December 7th, 1941. This video shows both the perspectives of the Japanese fleet and images from their attack in Hawaii. Also included within the video is play-by-play commentary about the event happening in Hawaii, who attacked the US, and President Franklin Roosevelt declaring war. Source: “The […]

The many European Powers that rushed to inhabit Africa included, France, Great Brain, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium and Portugal. Africa was desired by multiple countries because the idea was, the more land that one country owned, the more powerful it became. Many of these countries focused on the “push”. The idea was to civilize those who […]

There were multiple countries during the the 19th century that desired more land. European countries had been establishing colonies for the last several centuries. This brought large amounts of wealth to these countries and did little for the countries they were colonizing. Many of the African countries that were being colonized were experiencing economic instability […]

« go backkeep looking »